The Guardian has a report on tool marks found on Neanderthal bones that one archaeologist argues is evidence that we used them for barbeque. While the tool marks are inconclusive as to the final fate of the flesh from the bones, it does provide some evidence that Neanderthals and Humans were interacting in at least some fashion. I always find it an interesting thought that we were not always alone on the planet when it came to (arguably) concious beings.
- RT @Bhmllr: We have #badtaxidermy, how about #badfossilmounts? Shared with love for the medium and those who make them, of course. https://… 3 weeks ago
- @Laelaps If you make it to Grande Prairie and want to see a few of the local field sites, let me know. 6 months ago
- RT @DavidEvans_ROM: #FossilFriday One last pic from my trip to Europe- fossil skull of Brachiosaurus (aka Giraffatitan) from Tendaguru http… 6 months ago
- RT @kirstisaur: 'Turducken' fossil equivalent! Amazing ‘Nesting Doll’ fossil reveals bug in lizard in snake on.natgeo.com/2bTEb3U via @Na… 6 months ago
- Back out collecting fossils, but finally with blue skies above us. Hopefully the weather continues this way for t… dlor.me/YB7H77R 7 months ago